I figured since we are only a little over a week into the new year that I still have plenty of time to write out my goals for this year. These are goals, not resolutions. I feel that resolutions leave me with an overwhelming sense that if I do not succeed then I have failed in some way.
Anyway, I have created a list of goals to accomplish this year.
- Find a local church home
- Make a weekly menu
- Finish graduate school (MSHR)
- Hiking new places (e.g., Mt. LeConte, Abrams Falls)
- The Mossy Squirrel booth at a local festival/fair
- Participate in at least six 5K races
- Food crawl with the Mr.
- Be more diligent/consistent in blogging
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Read books for leisure
- Attend a Musical (e.g., Wicked, The Lion King, etc.)
- Go somewhere new with the Mr.
- Daily time with God through prayer and devotion
- Volunteer more
- Work on my gardening skills (e.g., flowers, herbs, veggies)
- Buy a bicycle
- Do something with the Mr that he enjoys doing
I plan to update the blog (see #8) as I mark things off the list. I believe that this is a do-able list, heck, even if I do not accomplish them all I can always add it to next year's list. I will be satisfied if I meet half of them. ha!
If you want to join me in my venture, let me know. I would love to see your list as well and be an encouragement to you too!
Well, I am off to fix dinner. I am already ahead of the game and created a meal plan for this week: clean chicken enchiladas tonight.