Tuesday, January 10, 2017

17 in 2017

Happy New Year! 

I figured since we are only a little over a week into the new year that I still have plenty of time to write out my goals for this year.  These are goals, not resolutions.  I feel that resolutions leave me with an overwhelming sense that if I do not succeed then I have failed in some way.  

Anyway, I have created a list of goals to accomplish this year.  
  1. Find a local church home
  2. Make a weekly menu
  3. Finish graduate school (MSHR)
  4. Hiking new places (e.g., Mt. LeConte, Abrams Falls)
  5. The Mossy Squirrel booth at a local festival/fair
  6. Participate in at least six 5K races
  7. Food crawl with the Mr.
  8. Be more diligent/consistent in blogging
  9. Ride in a hot air balloon
  10. Read books for leisure
  11. Attend a Musical (e.g., Wicked, The Lion King, etc.)
  12. Go somewhere new with the Mr.
  13. Daily time with God through prayer and devotion
  14. Volunteer more
  15. Work on my gardening skills (e.g., flowers, herbs, veggies)
  16. Buy a bicycle
  17. Do something with the Mr that he enjoys doing
I plan to update the blog (see #8) as I mark things off the list.  I believe that this is a do-able list, heck, even if I do not accomplish them all I can always add it to next year's list. I will be satisfied if I meet half of them. ha! 
If you want to join me in my venture, let me know.  I would love to see your list as well and be an encouragement to you too!

Well, I am off to fix dinner.  I am already ahead of the game and created a meal plan for this week: clean chicken enchiladas tonight. 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!