- September 10, 2011 - Married my sweetheart, Matt. We left for an amazing honeymoon at the Aventura Spa Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico.
* Mr. & Mrs. *
- September 19, 2011 - The Mr. started a new job making more money, closer to home and a better situation overall.
- October 20, 2011 - I lost my job as a paralegal. I was crushed, embarrassed and heartbroken. But the Lord always provides.
- November 9, 2011 - I started working part-time at an insurance agency. Which was perfect because it allowed me to take more classes in a semester. Meaning I would graduate sooner than anticipated.
- Thanksgiving 2011 - We celebrated Thanksgiving with both our families. We are blessed enough to live close to our families where we can see them all at each holiday. We had Thanksgiving lunch with my family, then Thanksgiving dinner with the Mr.'s family.
*Our first Thanksgiving*
- Christmas 2011 - celebrated our First Christmas together. It was perfectly wonderful. (read more about it here.)
- Good Friday - April 2012 - The Mr. crushed his hand at work just hours before we were to leave for Alabama to visit his family. He broke both his middle and ring fingers in two on his right hand. He had to have surgery 4 days later to have pins placed. He was out of work for 2 weeks and has healed nicely.
*The Mr.'s broken fingers which pins and stitches. Ouch.*
|*Alabama Family at Easter - hate we missed you all!*|
- June 2012 - It was a beast as I had 5 classes to take in the month of June alone and was working part time. It was a rough month but I lived to tell about it.
- In early June 2012 - I participated in the Mad Mountain Mud Run. It was a team effort and a total blast. I didn't have the best time due to an allergy attack from the mulch piles, otherwise, lots of run. Definitely will do it again.
*Before the Mud Madness*
*My chest was burning so bad from the allergy attack, but still having fun. Just ignore the look on my face. haha*
- I also decided to use one week of June to go as a chaperon for our youth mission trip with World Changers in Springfield, Illinois. I had so much fun getting back into the mission field and spending time with the youth from our church and getting to know other youth from across the US.
*Kaitlin, myself and Kacie - these girls are such a blessing*
*My crew, minus myself, as I had to fly back home with one of our youth*
- August 3, 2012 - I GRADUATED with my Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a minor in Religious Studies. WOOP WOOP!
- Meanwhile, I had been looking for a full time job since March without success....had several interviews but nothing prospered. I was getting very discouraged.
- Labor Day 2012 - We were finally able to make it to Alabama to visit Matt's Gramma, two aunts and their families....his first cousin got married so it was a great time to get together.
*The Mr.'s mom with her siblings. It was so nice to finally meet the rest of the family* *The Newlyweds*
*The Mr. & I at Jacob's wedding*
- Sept 10, 2012 - we celebrated our first Anniversary!
- Late Sept-Early Oct - we went on vacation to Destin, Florida. The weather was perfect it was a great trip.
*Our home away from home*
- Mid October 2012 - I came in 1st place in my age division in a 5K that I ran in! I was pumped!
*oh yes, I finally placed*
- Thanksgiving 2012 - I prepared and hosted my first Thanksgiving. It was a great day! We had both my family and the Mr.'s family for the meal. We ate, watched Duck Dynasty, sang hymns and listened to my Mamaw and sister play guitars. I hate my Mom and nephew couldn't be there, he was rather sick so they had stayed home. I missed my other sister, as she was out of town. (You can read more about my Thanksgiving here.)
- Christmas 2012 was perfect as always spending time with family and enjoying Christmas programs at our church.
*The Mr. and I at the Franklin Christmas Parade*
- Shortly after the new year, I had an interview for a position at the local university, Western Carolina University. (I've been trying to get a job there since March.) Its close to home (3 miles) and it's a state job = GREAT RETIREMENT BENEFITS!
- Jan 30, 2013 - I got a call that I got the job! Woot!
- February 15, 2013 - First day of full-time work! So far I LOVE my job and I am SOOO thankful that the Lord has blessed me with this position. (one huge perk - I can work on my Masters for FREE!!!!!!!!)
- February 27, 2013 - Found out that the Mr. and I were expecting a little one! We were beyond excited. I was 7w3d at my first appointment, due October 14, 2013. Mainly only our immediately family and closest friends knew we were expecting.
- March 25, 2013 - I lost our sweet baby at what should have been 11weeks exactly; however, Baby measured 9w1d at the ultrasound. The Mr. and I totally understand that God is much bigger than we are and He alone knows the plans for our lives and right now, it didn't include a child. I'm not saying that it has been easy, but I'm finding comfort in the scripture "Weeping may endure for the night, but JOY comes in the morning." - Psalm 30:5
- May 22-26, 2013 - The Mr. and I went to Jackrabbit Mountain Campground for a few days. We had planned to go camping for quite some time so it was nice to get away from everything and enjoy some alone time together. We also enjoyed spending time with the Nephew and some friends while we were at the campground.
I plan to write more detailed posts about each of the events listed above as I feel they deserve a little more detail. At least this gives you an idea of what's been going on in my life over the past year!