Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Germination Station

Spring is in the air and I've been itching to see pops of color outside!
But I know that in WNC its not quite time to be planting things outside, for fear of at least one more frost.

A few weeks ago, I purchased flower bulbs (because the side of the box said I could still plant them this spring for summer blooms) of Dahlias, Gladiolus, Peruvian Daffodils and Blazing Stars.

It didn't stop there.  I decided to try and grow my own seedlings *Gasp!* 
I know, it shocked me too.
I purchased seed packs of Delphiniums, Lupine, Foxglove and Achillea.

I had no idea what I was doing...but luckily for me, the Jiffy box I found in the garden center at Walmart gave me the directions I needed.
I followed the directions as it stated, so I'm just hoping and praying I see positive results! 
I'll definitely keep you updated on this process.
One of the instructions stated that after the seeds were planted to put them in a warm area for a few days.
Off to the guest bedroom these little babies went...its warm in there.
Perfect for gestation.

I've checked each day to see if there's any progress....nada.
I'm hoping its only because I've not given it enough time as its only been a couple days.
Only time shall tell.

Below is my new thrifted chest that I found at Goodwill the other day.
I'm biting the bit to give it a face lift.
The color options are running rampant through my mind.
However, it is a post for another day.

The purpose of the photo is not for the awesomeness of the chest,
but that it is the home of my seed pots which are hopefully germinating.
(see them sitting on top?)
I like to call it "The Germination Station"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!