Thursday, October 23, 2008

Budokon

A couple of the girls here at the office have been getting together after work and doing various workout DVDs. It has actualy been myself and one other person so far...but we are recruiting. Monday we done the Biggest Loser Workout and let me tell you...oh my gosh! My legs were jelly afterwards! It hurt so bad...mainly b/c we had to do like 500 lunges in each directions (both sides and front). Tuesday I could barely move. But that is good...I was stretching out those muscles and using them for once! ha! We skipped Tuesday b/c I had to be in Franklin. But yesterday we tried a new workout. Mainly b/c we couldn't stand to do the lunges again. It is called Budokon. It is a combination of yoga, martial arts, and meditation and lasts about an hour. I used to do pilates so I was cool with doing the yoga they are very similar. I stretched out muscles I didn't know I had, and by the time we were done, I had definitely worked up a sweat and I felt great. I wasn't sore or anything. It was a great feeling. All of us girls are bringing in our workout DVDs and we are picking what we want to do each day. I've got a medicine ball and resistance band dvd that is great, we've also got some TaeBo, Denise Austin workouts, and tons more, but it is cool b/c we've got a plethora to choose from, but at the same time, we can work out all the areas that need to be targeted, so it works out great. Then a couple of us are walking during out lunch hour, so we can normally get in 3 miles during that hour and still have time for a healthy lunch. Some ladies at my church (one a licensed dietician) have started a Healthy Living Program. There will be an inspirational devotion at each meeting, we'll get great tips on snacks, meals, and work outs, and we'll get a health screening of sorts from the dietician. There will be scheduled walking and workout sessions that we can attend if our schedules allow us to do so. Each meeting we are going to take up a collection. The collection will be split 50-50 between the person who meets their goal in the set time frame and the other half will go to a charity of our choice. We'll be getting healthy and giving back and getting a little inspiration from the Word of God. So cool! Overall, I believe that if I continue my WW, the office workouts after work, and take part in the Healthy Living Program....I should really get to my goal weight! Now...just say a prayer that I stay motivated!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:13 AM

    What a great post. I will pray for you if you do the same for me. We can only do so much with our schedules being as hard as they are and I feel that things are starting to turn around for me. I just hope that I can keep it up.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!