Wednesday, December 20, 2006

No Fun!

Yeah so apparently last night was not my night. I went to Matt's house for the first time since Thanksgiving. (The Christmas play had me all wrapped up the past 3 weeks or so). Anyways, Matt had to pick up a friend of his and take him to get his truck. He'd had some work done on it. So I rode with Matt. The bodyshop was in the boonies and the ride up to the main shop/office was VERY scary. As Matt and I were sitting there waiting on Josh, Matt was like "this sorta reminds me of Wrong Turn." I'm acting all cool, but on the inside my mind was swirling with different possible scenarios of a dangerous situation. (in other words, I was terrified!)
Then by the grace of God we get out there alive. (haha) We head back to Matt's house where we are finally able to eat dinner. We hang out and watch House, very good episode. Then I decide it is time for me to go home.
I get in my car and I'm driving down the road, minding my own business, and when I get halfway home, I notice my car making a funny sound and hard to drive. Not a good feeling, especially at 10:15 at night. I pull over (in a well lit area) and I get out to investigate.....just as I thought...a FLAT TIRE!
I try calling my dad, who is home for the holidays. He and my mom are at the cabin and they do not have good service. So I end up calling Matt to see if he could help. I felt bad for calling him b/c he has to get up so early in the morning to go to work. Then I thought about my sis. I call her, and she is able to come and pick me up; this way Matt can get some sleep.
All in all, my car is in a parking lot of an Antique Store in Sylva. I've got to many things to do this week, so there is NO telling when I will be able to get my tire fixed.
In my 9 years of driving, this is the first flat tire I have had. It sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!