Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Women of Faith

The first weekend in November, I took a short little trip with some ladies from church.  I had decided a year ago that I would go to the Women of Faith Conference in Greensboro, NC.   The conference itself was held at the Greensboro Coliseum.  I drove down after work on Thursday evening.  I met up with Connie, her sisters (Deb, Cheryl, and Vicki), Rita, Terri, and Jody.  

Connie, Rita, Jody & Terri

Connie and her sisters. (Deb, Shay niece, Vicki, and Deb)

We arose early Friday morning to get to ready, breakfast, all in time to get to get to the Coliseum so we'd be at the front of the line.  (the first session was General Admission -- so we wanted great seats.)

The conf started on Friday morning at 10am and was all day (with a 3 hour break between sessions) and the all day Saturday (it ended at 4pm.)  Being that this post will get super long if I allow myself to get carried away...I'm going to list the speakers/performances I was priveledged to hear and some photos.

Steve Arterburn is the founder of the Women of Faith Conferences.  Obviously he is a man, but he has really had a vision and has really pulled it together.  Starting out with about 12 people for the first conference, has balloned to the 13,000 we had at the Greensboro conference alone!  WOW!   (I don't have a good pic of Steve...sorry)

Marilyn Meburg was positively my FAVORITE speaker.  Luckily, we got to hear from her a couple different times throughout the conference.  I know that I had to take my "thoughts" back.  I must admit that the first time I saw her, I thought that she was going to be such a stick in the mud.  Boy was I wrong!  She was absolutely HYSTERICAL and really said some amazing and remarkable things that will definitely stick with me.


Sandi Patty sang some b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. music.  Wow.  She is like super soprano!  She also gave her testimony, which was amazing in and of itself.  She was great!


Patsy Clairmont is a petite little lady who kept me laughing the entire time!  She has written several different books.  Although I havent read any of them, I am hoping to purchase some soon.  She may be little but she really has a big message to deliver.


Lisa Whelchel "Blair" from the Facts of Life.  She is SOOO normal and down to earth.  She had an amazing testimony.  I couldn't imagine living away from my family at age 13 and having "guardians" coming and going until she was old enough to live on her own.  Crazy!


Sheila Walsh like several of the other speakers has several titles.  I, personally, had never heard of her before.  But I felt like she too was so normal after her testimony.  I am so eager to read her books as well.


Luci Swindoll I did not get to hear Luci b/c I headed out of the conf early in order to get back home at a decent time.  I hate I missed her b/c she is a phenomenal woman/speaker.  Maybe next time!


Mandisa W.O.W!  She is fabulous!  She gave her testimony which included her time on American Idol.  I wish she was my BFF!  And she is Gorgeous!!


Steven Curtis Chapman  was wonderful!  He too not only sang but gave his testimony.  he spoke of his family and the pain they have been going through, as well as his missions to other countries.  He was a delight.


Ok i believe that was everyone!  haha 

I highly recommend the Women of Faith conferences to any woman who is able to attend.  They have conferences all over the nation. I learned so much in such a short period of time but it was SOOOOO worth it!

3 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds like you had a great time at the conference. I hate I couldn't go. Maybe next time. Just a plug... there is a ladies conference at the Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts later in the year, but tickets should be on sale soon... call the awesome ticket girl on Thursday or Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, that is amazing! What a great line-up! I desperately miss doing things like that. make the most of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy & Sarah: It really was a blast! But I believe this year we are going to look at going to a different conference b/c the ticket prices for 2010 SKYROCKETED! Last year they were $80....they are now $110!

    As a matter of fact, I have spoken to the awesome ticket girl and have reserved my ticket at the SMCPA.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!