Friday, September 11, 2009

Second Wind

I was about to say "as you may already know" but the fact is, you don't already know...b/c I've not blogged in F.O.R.E.V.E.R! So I will begin with this:   I have received my "second wind." What does that mean? you ask.
In mid-January through mid-April, I went to the gym religiously. I was working out 1-3x/day at least 4-5x/week. I was really on my game. During this time frame, I lost a total of 12 inches and 25lbs. I have continued to maintain the weight. However, I've noticed that the last month or so, I've began to lose my toning and what muscle I had achieved.
But as my title indicates, I have gained my second wind and I am hitting the gym again full force. I felt so great while I was working out. I was wearing clothes I hadn't worn in ages, my skin was clearer, I actually for the first time ever kinda liked the way my legs were beginning to look. I want that again. I want to achieve so much more than what I had attained originally.
One of the first things I will be doing is not only going to gym, but walking during my lunch hour. AND I will be participating in the Smoky Streak 5K/10K on October 3, 2009. I've slowly been picking up jogging, but I'm no where up to 3.1 miles. I am going to try and run as much as I can but walk if I need too. My main goal will be to beat my time in the next 5K that I participate.
If you are interested in the run/walk, let me know and I'll send you the link.
I will try to be better about my blogging. As long as you don't mind reading about my slow progress to my goal weight. Which I would LOVE to reach by the end of the year. We shall see how well I do. And if you see me falling off the workout wagon....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep me accountable!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:48 AM

    Ok time to get in gear! I am right there with you hon! I am back on also. I had a miscarriage this past weekend. The dr put me one another wait for a few months so I am taking that time to lose some more weight! I know I can do it.
    You can too!
    amber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!