Friday, November 10, 2006

Answered Prayers & Movie Dates

The Lord really eased all of our worries yesterday. My niece, McKenzie, was sent to NC Baptist Hospital to have some tests ran on a bump that is on the back of her head. We arrived at the hospital about 45 minutes early and they took McKenzie in after only waiting 10 minutes. Then within another 10 minutes, we were ready to leave! The doctor felt of McK’s head and surrounding areas and didn’t seem to think there was any reason for alarm. McK has a little bit of extra bone in her head which is what is causing the knot. He said that as she grows the bone will be absorbed/fused into the rest of the surrounding bone and it won’t be a problem. However, he wants to see her in three months. But all in all the trip was a great one!
The Santa Claus 3: The Escape Claus. I am rather excited. I’ve actually wanted to see this movie. But anyways, Kellie Grace & Nichole will be joining us for popcorn and a movie tomorrow afternoon. However, there is a catch....Matt actually has to call Nichole and ask her if she would like to go to the movies. Nichole has made it very clear to Matt that "the boy calls the girl, then the boy buys her dinner and takes her to the movie." It is hilarious for her to tell it. Anyways, I have been in the background actually making sure that the girls’ parents don’t have any plans for tomorrow and told them I would confirm tonight. However, to make Nichole feel a little more special, Matt will be calling her in the morning to see if she and Kellie Grace would like to join us for a movie. Those little girls are precious, and they truly crack me up.
I was able to spend a lot of quality time with my sister-in-law as we rode in the back seat with McK sitting between us. I have always loved my sister-in-law, but she and McK have really taken over my heart’s strings lately. I am so blessed to have such an awesome family! This weekend, Matt and I are going on a little date ourselves. We are taking a couple of the little girls from church (one in kindergarten and one in 3rd grade) to the movies. We are going to see
...
I’ve missed my Matt Matt the past week, he’s been working so hard. So we are just gonna chill with the two of us for a while this weekend. Possibly a Christmas picture or two as well. But we shall see!!!
Anyways, I’m off to a weekend full of resting and relaxation. Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:05 PM

    Oh Diedra that sounds like so much fun., You both will be such great parents someday. By the way have you heard anything from the doc? Let me know. I have been thinking about that for some time and praying hard. Well We are back from our trip and I am wore out so off to the land of nod!
    see you friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!