Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October 21, 2008

It has been a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time since I’ve posted and I apologize, life has really gotten the best of me lately. Sunday will be my 90th day here at the office…meaning that I am out of my probation period and will be eligible for FULL BENEFITS! And believe me..it has come at the right time! I’ve been sick for the last 3 weeks. Week 1: just the sinus headache and pressure, no drainage or anything. Week 2: mucous flood gates burst open and I do nothing but blow my nose and sneeze. Week 3: respiratory infection and bronchitis resulting in horrible nights of sleep and loss of voice. I’ve not been able to go to the doctor b/c I haven’t had insurance, so I am self medicating with OTC meds. Which are doing some good but not as good as a stout antibiotic would…o-well. I went to Carson Newman’s Homecoming over the weekend and I had a blast! It was super cold, but other than that it was great! I was able to see old friends and catch up with them. Definitely good times. This is going to be a crazy weekend, Saturday we’ve got the Pumpkin Fest in Franklin, Cullowhee Valley Fire Dept BBQ dinner, The Pumpkin Patch in Cullowhee, and a wedding in Maggie Valley. I don’t think we are going to be able to make it to everything, but we are going to try. Sunday we are going to have to miss church, which I really hate to do b/c I feel that the week is SOOO much longer when I don’t go to church on Sundays. Anyways, we are going to Buford, GA to meet a couple friends of mine from college, Matt & Lindsay. Lindsay is a photographer and I have scheduled a photo-shoot with her, check out some of her work here. Matt and I’ve never had our picture made “professionally” we’ve had candid snap shots but nothing of this calliber. I am so very excited. I know that they will be great!! We are going to use them as Christmas presents this year for our families. Next Friday is our Fall Festival at the church. I’m in charge of it, so next week will be full of preparing and getting ready for it. We’re going to have pizza, fingerfoods, relay games, a picture spot, prizes, treats, hayrides and tons more. I really think it will be great! I’m really excited about it! So the weightloss…yeah, I’ve not done that great at all espeically while I’ve been sick. I’ve not really had an appetite, but when I have, I’ve not done the greatest. I was hoping to be down more than what I am right now, but o-well….I’m down a total of 11.6 lbs which is good, but it shoudl be more…at least I think so. I’ve been at it for 2 months. One of the attorneys I work with and I have been doing various workouts afterwork in the basement. Right now we are doing the Biggest Loser Cardio Workout. Let me tell you…it definitely works your rump and legs! It has killed me. haha I’m walking around today like a little old woman. But I know in the long run it will be worth it. Plus I’m still walking as well. I know that the holiday season is not the best time to try and diet, but still…it shows self control and really, that is what dieting is really all about. I read a study that was done not long ago which said that people always believe they gain about 5-10 pounds during the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays, but in acualtily, they only gain approximately 1-2 pounds. That makes me feel better…but still…I don’t want to gain anything! So I’m really going to be stepping up my game! WW hardcore for the next 2 months and we’ll see what I look like come Jan 1. :) I promise I will be better about my blogging experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!